Company Overview for Customers
Formerica OptoElectronicsis a manufacturer of optical transceiver products, delivering innovative and customizable optical solutions to customers worldwide. Headquartered in Taiwan and established in 2000, Formerica has manufacturing in Taiwan, with Sales, Marketing and FAE support in North America.
Optical Transceiver Modules:
• Data rates – 155M, 1G, 10G, 16G, 25G, 40G, 100G, 200G*, 400G* (* Available in Q420)
• Form factors – 1x9 SC/ST, XFP, SFF, SFP, SFP+, QSFP, QSFP+, QSFP28, QSFP-DD*, QSFP56*
• Distance – 1m to 80km
• Wavelength – 850nm, 1310nm, 1550nm, CWDM, DWDM, BIDI
• Media type – Single-Mode Fiber (SMF), Multi-Mode Fiber (MMF)
• Temperature range – commercial (0~70℃), industrial (-40~85℃), extended (-20~85℃)
Active Optical Cables (AOC): 10G, 25G, 40G, 100G, from 1m to 100m cable length
AOC Fanouts: 100G QSFP28 to 4x25G SFP28, 40G QSFP to 4x10G SFP+
Optical Bypass Modules (OBM): 1G, 10, 40G, 100G, 2/4/8-ports modules
Serial Digital Interface Transceivers (SDI): 12G 10km 1T/1R, 1T, 1R, 2R, backward compatible to SD 270Mbps
Fiber Channels: 8G, 16G
TAA (Trade Agreement Act) and NDAA (National Defense Authorization Act) Compliant –
• TAA requires Country of Origin to be “USA” or “USA Friendly” countries, which includes Taiwan
• NDAA bans specific video surveillance camera mfrs, SoC, systems vendors, and component suppliers from being purchased or used in US government deployments
• US Government related deployments require TAA and NDAA products or components for cybersecurity
• Formerica is TAA and NDAA compliant
• Competitors manufacture in Non-TAA compliant countries and may not be NDAA compliant
NO CHINA TARIFF
Increased efficiency lowers power consumption and saves money: cuts cooling and energy cost, lessens thermal challenge
Extended Temperature Range- Offers wider operational temperature range; reduces part count and inventory, and provides higher reliability
Lower Total Cost of Ownership- reduced inventory & utility costs, for lowest operational expense
Broad optical solutions beyond transceivers- SDI & OBM are not offered by Finisar or Avago/FOIT
ISO 9001, ISO 14001, TL 9000, RoHS, TAA (Made in Taiwan)
• What type of APPLICATION?
• What DATA RATE are you running?
• What FORM FACTOR do you use?
• What transmission DISTANCE is required?
• What cable length is required if for AOC and AOC Fanout?
• What WAVELENGTH are you operating at?
• What are your TEMPERATURE requirements?
• Do you use SINGLE-MODE or MULTI-MODE (media type)?
• Is POWER CONSUMPTION and thermal dissipation an important issue for you?
Nomenclatures for Transmission Distances and Temperature Ratings
Temperature Ratings: CT/Commercial (0~70℃), IT/Industrial (-40~85℃), ET/Extended (-20~85℃)